What makes this State of the Internet by Mashable [infographic] so interesting is that it is dynamic, you can see the number of new internet users, and new websites coming online, click around the world to see the internet’s role in various countries, and has interesting stats about the videos uploaded each minute, the searches, tweets, and more.
Interesting stats (subject to change by the time you look at them!):
- Avg. time spent on Facebook per month – 17 hours and 33 minutes
- Videos watched on YouTube per day – 2 billion
- 119 Million Tweets sent per day
- 35 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 1.2 Million Editors edit 11 million articles per month on Wikipedia
- The online dating industry is worth $4 billion worldwide
- Your facebook profile is worth $91
Have fun exploring.