I’ve blogged and Tweeted about this book several times, but we now have the cover formalized and permission to share with you the chapter outline.
This book is a tremendous collaborative effort brought about by the vision and determination of Amy Tiemann, Ph.D. and author of several books and articles – her latest book was Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family.
The new book will be released in paperback on April 18th, but we are giving the book away as a free digital download to people who sign up for a free copy on MojoMom.com before April 18th. The digital download will be packaged as a PDF file so it can be read on any computer, or printed out. This is an incredible opportunity to gain valuable information and insight free of charge.
Here is a preview of Courageous Parents, Confident Kids — Letting Go So You Both Can Grow
Introduction by the Editor, Amy Tiemann, Ph.D., author Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family.
Part 1: The Courage to Invest in Your Own Development
- The Transformative Power of Self-care by Renee Peterson Trudeau, life coach and author of The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal.
- Tools for Career Reinvention by Kella Hatcher and Maryanne Perrin, founders of Balancing Professionals.
Part 2: Developing Your Own Courageous Parenting Style
- The Courage to Let Our Kids Solve Their Own Problems by Maya Frost, international lifestyle design expert and author of The New Global Student.
- The Power of Personal Significance for Kids of All Ages by Amy McCready, parent educator and founder of Positive Parenting Solutions.
- I’m Worried I Worry Too Much, But How Do I Stop? by Jamie Woolf, leadership expert and author of Mom-In Chief.
Part 3: Real-world Safety Skills for All
- Kidpower: Skills for Safety, Skills for Independence by Irene van der Zande, co-founder and Executive Director of Kidpower, Teenpower, Fullpower International.
- How to Say Yes to Your Kids’ Online Activities by Linda Criddle, internet safety and technology expert and creator of iLookBothWays.com
Part 4: Finding Your Voice and Raising It for the Community
- Becoming a Political Parent: PunditMom on Mothers Raising Their Voices Online by Joanne Bamberger, journalist and PunditMom blogger.
- Building a Family-friendly America: Challenge and Progress Through the Eyes of MomsRising.org by Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, co-founder and Executive Director of MomsRising.org
- It Takes a Motherhood by Cooper Munroe and Emily McKhann, co-creators of the award-winning online community, TheMotherhood.com
The goal of Courageous Parents, Confident Kids is to share core concepts and skills you can build on as you raise a family, participate in your community, and continue your own development. I hope you enjoy the book.