Caveat: LOOKBOTHWAYS provided the content for Microsoft’s brochure series, as well as some other materials for the site. We are also listed as a resource on their community page.
The site is clean, easy to navigate and has updated, relevant materials to help protect yourself, your family, your computers and I recommend the site.
In addition to solid advice on Internet safety, security and privacy topics, be sure to check out some of their other features:
- Safety Brochures
- Protecting Kids From Cyberbullying
- Protecting Youth on the Internet
- Protecting “Tweens” & Teens on the Internet
- Safer Online Gaming Safer Online Gaming
- How to E-mail / IM Safely
- Protecting Your Information On the Go
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
- Safer Online Transactions
- Protecting Yourself from Phishing Scams
- Protecting Your Privacy Online
- Safer Social Networking
- Videos – scroll to the bottom of the page to see these.
- Protect yourself
- Protect your family
- Protect your computer
- Stay sharp at home
- Stay sharp at work
- Materials to plan your own Internet Safety events
Sadly, my all-time favorite Microsoft safety video is not on the site – it uses a little live mouse to teach concepts. Maybe they’ll get it on the site shortly…